domingo, 10 de junho de 2007

The Dukes of Hazzard (season 1)

I got the "Dukes of Hazzard" season 1 as a gift from my wife, and what can we say? It´s peaceful, its nostalgic, its peaceful and nostalgic.

That drove me to a mild "Dukes of Hazzard" mania that took me to search for its soundtrack, to listen while i´m drawing. Theirs, and also, a movie which seems to be the inspiration for that series, a 1977 Burt Reynolds movie named "Smokey and the Bandit", very funny, with hilarious car chases, and obviously inspired "Knight Rider" as well, with the black truck and the black car. Then i discovered a beautiful and inspiring song named "General Lee" (the name of the Dukes of Hazzard car) by a country singer named "Johnny Cash", which i didn´t really knew nothing about that time, shame on me, he´s THE country singer. Gosh, that song is beautiful, this lead me to download dozens of other Johnny Cash songs, providing for a smooth and continuous illustration work. Then the songs would get sadder and sadder. songs entitled "Desperado", "Ballad Of A Teenage Queen", "Father and Son". The last one proved to be too much for me, and then i realized tears were coming thru my cheeks. The colors on the animation started to become sad as well. So...no more Johnny Cash for you.

Nenhum comentário: